Areas of intervention include healthcare, training, food security, emergencies and support to income-generating activities.
Caritas Guinea-Bissau has a strong presence at national level:
- 24 nutritional rehabilitation centres – monitoring of vulnerable children and support to mothers
- 1 reception centre for children at risk
- 1 paediatric hospital – the only health facility of its kind in Guinea-Bissau
- 1 leprosy hospital – a renowned national centre for the treatment of leprosy, HIV-AIDS and tuberculosis
The Dom Settimio Ferrazzeta Health Centre – carries out auxiliary diagnostic tests and medical research studies:
- A Natural Medicine Project, including research and production of natural medicines
- A Risk-Free Maternity Project, aimed at improving maternal health and reducing infant and maternal mortality
- AIDS department – the main programme is on education in schools
The Nô Kume Sabi Project, aimed at adding value to local products by organising training courses
The Possibilities Fair is an agricultural technical training centre for agriculture, beekeeping, fruit and vegetable processing, and livestock farming.
Local partners: Ministry of Health, Tiniguena, PDSA, Radio Sol Mansi, SNLS (national organisation to combat AIDS), AMIC (Friends of Children Association), IMC, COAJOQ (women’s agricultural cooperative).
International partners: Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Caritas Italy, FEC European Commission, WFP, UNFPA, UNICEF, COPE, French Embassy, TABANCA, IMVF (Marquis of Valle Flor Institute), SNV (not-for-profit development organisation).
Vues : 24