Caritas Africa will launch two of its publications on Friday 24 September 2021. One is an Advocacy Guide for Disaster Risk Reduction and the other is a Mapping of the humanitarian work of Caritas Organisations in the Caritas in the Africa Region.
Watch the promotinal video
This online event will feature the following speakers:
- Msgr. Pierre Cibambo Ntakobajira was appointed the Ecclesiastical Assistant to Caritas Internationalis in 2012 by the Holy See. He also serves as the Africa Liaison Officer at Caritas Internationalis. He has been involved in social and development work since 1987. He worked for Justice and Peace building, Community Development and Coordination of Humanitarian response programs in Eastern DR Congo for many years.
2. Matt Sarsycki is based in Baltimore and joined the Caritas family in May 2016. In addition to working with CRS who host his role, Matt works alongside CAFOD and Caritas Australia as coordinator of a DRR and Resilience Working Group which all three agencies are actively engaged. Matt is part of the DRR team in the Humanitarian Response Department (HRD) at CRS and provides technical support to humanitarian and development programs focused on DRR and resilience building, with most of his support focused across Africa and Asia.
3. George Wambugu: Emergency Response Officer
– Emergency programming (majorly WASH), project coordination and office management (HR, Security, Supply chain and warehousing), and Partner accompaniment.
– Tigray crisis response
– Country rep cover DRC
– Technical WASH support – Isiolo, Kenya:
– Chair of CI WASH Sector working group
– Member of DRR/Resilience working group (Joint effort by Caritas Australia, CAFOD, and CRS
4. Ms. Lucy Esipila works as the Policy and Advocacy Officer at Caritas Africa, based in Nairobi Kenya. Her role is to strengthen the commitment of Caritas in the promotion of Integral Human Development in Africa region.
She has 9 years’ experience working with Caritas at different levels. Before this regional assignment, she previously worked with the National Caritas in Kenya, for 1.5 years where she coordinated Research, Communications and Advocacy initiatives. She also worked, for 6 years, at a Diocesan Caritas in Maralal- Samburu, County in Northern Kenya, where she implemented several development projects including Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction. Her work has sought to increase literacy and awareness among policy makers, different actors and local communities on advocacy issues and to promote social justice matters.
5. Albert MASHIKA
Albert MASHIKA is based in Lomé, Togo and is serving as the Regional Coordinator of Caritas in the Africa Region since May 2015. He spent 14 years within Caritas Congo ASBL (DR Congo) in different positions which respectively were Project Officer, National Coordinator for the Sustainable Development Department and 2nd Deputy National Executive Secretary in charge of Quality Programmes. But he started working with Caritas family at the diocesan level in DR Congo as a Consultant for Capacity strengthening, He was also engaged with Civil Society Organisations in many processes related to the formulation of the Poverty Reduction Strategy Documents and then Sustainable Development Goals at the national and regional levels.
You can download the documents here both in english and french