- Date: October 17, 2022 10:00 am – 11:00 am
SECAM and the members of the African Climate Dialogues steering committee invite media to take part in an online press conference for the launch of the African Climate Dialogues communiqué, a document bringing together suggestions and requests from an African perspective ahead of the UN climate conference COP27.
8:00 am GMT
9:00 am BST
Press conference programme:
- Opening prayer
- Welcome Remarks
- Presentation of Communique with His Eminence Fridolin Besungu Cardinal Ambongo
- Respondent one (African Group of Negotiators Chair – Mr Ephraim Shitima)
- Respondent two ( Tasneem Essop, Executive Director of CAN-International)
- Respondent three (TBC)
- Q&A with media
- Moderation by Lucy Espila, Caritas Africa.
Press conference contact: Simson Mwale, SECAM Secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the “African Climate Dialogues”
The African Climate Dialogues is an initiative bringing together Church and civil society actors and allies including communities and religious leaders from across the African continent and European organisations to share African realities, personal experiences and perspectives on key topics related to the UN climate conference COP27 scheduled to take place in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, between 7-18 November 2022.
Find more information https://www.cidse.org/?event=online-press-conference-launch-of-the-african-climate-dialogues-communique